VitalStain Violet 500for flow cytometry
- Pack Sizes
- Certificates of Analysis (Lot.-no. - release date)
- PDF Documents
- Additional Information
- Related Products
- Product Links
Fixable viability dyes allow accurate discrimination between live and dead
cells in flow cytometric analysis, based on cell membrane integrity. The
exclusion of dead cells from data allows a better identification of cell
populations and provides an accurate determination of cell viability within
VitalStain Violet 500 allows staining of live cells and preserve the staining pattern after fixation and/or permeabilization.
VitalStains fixable viability dyes are amine reactive and cell impermeable. Dead cells with compromised cell membranes are typically labelled to a higher extend due to reaction with intracellular amines resulting in highly fluorescent dead cells. Impermeable live cells are labelled only on the cell surface and show dim fluorescence.
VitalStain Violet 500 is excited by the violet 405 nm laser and bright fluorescence is detected in the FITC channel.
Store for long term at -80 °C.
- High brightness for optimal differentiation between live and dead cells
- Ready-to-use kit, DMSO pre-diluted to test size formulation
- Unlike 7-AAD and PI, labelled cells can be fixed, permeabilized, washed and stained
- Suitable for any cell species
Storage Temperature: -15 °C to -25 °C